Spears SRL Southwest Tour returns to Redwood Acres

first_imgEUREKA >> For the third time in the Spears SRL Southwest Tour Series’ history, the super late model touring division will visit Eureka’s Redwood Acres Raceway. The SRL tour cars first visited the Acres in 2013 and returned to the 3/8-mile paved oval in 2014.Many of the top super late model drivers on the west coast are set to participate in the 125-lap main event presented by Renner Petroleum and Bear River Hotel and Casino. Perhaps the biggest name is SRL series point leader, Derek Thorn. …last_img read more

South Africa’s Kagiso Rabada breaks awards record

first_imgSocial media was buzzing this week with well wishes pouring in for the 2016 South African Cricketer of the Year, Kagiso Rabada. The 21-year-old fast bowler is the first player to win six individual trophies at the annual Cricket South Africa (CSA) awards.Proteas captain AB de Villiers and batsman Hashim Amla had previously won five awards each, the CSA said. Rabada is also the youngest to have won the premier award.Some of the high fives given to Rabada on Twitter:Congratulations to SA Cricketer Of The Year @KagisoRabada25. #CSAawards16 https://t.co/hPAclxtnE9— Cricket South Africa (@OfficialCSA) July 26, 2016#KagisoRabada ke bosso! @KagisoRabada25. Congratulations on the big win. https://t.co/XCiTcBNvth— Themba Mathebula (@Ithembalami) July 27, 2016Hey @KagisoRabada25 i build trophy display cabinets.. Let me know lol. Congratulations sir… #kagisorabada @OfficialCSA @adidasZA— Craignificent (@Craig_05) July 26, 2016What a Star! Best is still to come. Can’t wait too see him in the future #KagisoRabada https://t.co/gzDi6fak4O— Media Link (@veralink) July 26, 2016Watch some of Rabada’s career highlights:The other trophiesRabada also landed Castle Lager Test Cricketer of the Year, Castle Lager ODI Cricketer of the Year, the peer voted SA Players’ Player of the Year and the SA Fans Player of the Year. His sixth award was for bowling the RAM Delivery of the Year to England’s Jason Roy in the KFC T20 International at the Bidvest Wanderers Stadium in Johannesburg.“I’m excited to see what challenges lie ahead. I can’t wait to play again,” Rabada told Jacaranda FM on Tuesday, admitting it felt surreal to win so many awards.Watch Rabada talk about his amazing night. He also pays tribute to his family:Previous winnersCSA is celebrating its 25th birthday this year. Other cricketers who have won the prestigious Cricketer of the Year award include:Jacques Kallis (2004 and 2011)Makhaya Ntini (2005 and 2006)Hashim Amla (2010 and 2013)AB de Villiers (2014 and 2015)Shaun Pollock (2007)Dale Steyn (2008)Graeme Smith (2009)Vernon Philander (2012)Watch Rabada talk about his dreams:Other achieversOther winners on the night this year were:Imran Tahir – Oxigen T20 International Player of the YearTemba Bavuma – KFC So GoodStephen Cook – International Newcomer of the YearDané van Niekerk – Momentum Women’s Cricketer of the YearLungi Ngidi – Africa T20 Cup Player of the TournamentAlviro Petersen – Momentum One-Day Cup Player of the YearNicky van den Bergh – Domestic Newcomer of the YearDwaine Pretorius – SACA Most Valuable PlayerHeino Kuhn – Sunfoil Series Cricketer of the Year and Domestic Players’ Player of the YearRob Walter – Pitchvision Coach of the YearAlbie Morkel – RAM Slammer of the YearSource: Cricket South Africa, FacebookWould you like to use this article in your publication or on your website? See Using SouthAfrica.info materiallast_img read more

Younghusbands’ dilemma

first_imgTS Kammuri to enter PAR possibly a day after SEA Games opening Sports venues to be ready in time for SEA Games PLAY LIST 00:59Sports venues to be ready in time for SEA Games01:27Filipino athletes get grand send-off ahead of SEA Games00:50Trending Articles02:42PH underwater hockey team aims to make waves in SEA Games01:44Philippines marks anniversary of massacre with calls for justice01:19Fire erupts in Barangay Tatalon in Quezon City01:07Trump talks impeachment while meeting NCAA athletes02:49World-class track facilities installed at NCC for SEA Games02:11Trump awards medals to Jon Voight, Alison Krauss Don’t miss out on the latest news and information. Private companies step in to help SEA Games hosting View comments DUBAI—Phil Younghusband remembers scrambling through his mobile phone, while the rest of his family and friends were having Christmas dinner in England as he tried to assess the situation.Older brother, James, was showing a friend around London when he received the call that they no longer have a club to play for next season.ADVERTISEMENT LOOK: Joyce Pring goes public with engagement to Juancho Triviño SEA Games hosting troubles anger Duterte LATEST STORIES Although the Azkals have dropped their first two matches in Group C to powerhouse sides South Korea and China, James said they have been fortunate to be part of the national squad here, where their teammates and staff have been very supportive.“They’ve been fantastic,” said James, who has 100 appearances for the Azkals.“There are people off the field who have been very supportive. They’ve helped us to focus solely on the national team. It’s obviously not ideal.”Citing the uncertainty on the future of the Philippines Football League (PFL), the Aguilas pulled out for the coming season as the club opted to focus on grassroots and youth development.Another player in the national team, Adam Reed, was also a part of the Aguilas before their pullout.The Younghusband brothers signed a long-term deal with the Aguilas when they were lured from Meralco Manila in 2017. Whether that deal stands remains to be seen, but one thing’s for sure: the brothers still want to continue playing next season.ADVERTISEMENTcenter_img LOOK: Joyce Pring goes public with engagement to Juancho Triviño MOST READ SEA Games: Biñan football stadium stands out in preparedness, completion “It’s been challenging, mentally, to get through this to try and put our club situations on the back of our minds and put our focus here because the Asian Cup is now and we should be concentrating,” said Phil.“But it’s difficult to think what our future is going to be like, how are we going to support our family and ourselves. It’s all up in the air.”“It’s never come to this point where I feel this way emotionally. I feel more pressure, I have more responsibility now. It’s not easy but as James said, we have had challenges before and we’ve come through, it will not be any different this time.”James said he is hoping to take the lessons from this experience and help other players avoid the same fate as his and his brother’s.“This is an experience for me to take into the future and hope that it won’t happen to others,” said James. “I think it’s important that to have a bit more empathy for people.”Phil is hopeful that club football eventually improves in the Philippines.“It’s scary to think how fragile and unstable Philippine football is at the moment,” said Phil. “But we’re in a better position now, 10 years ago when the football community was very small. With the right steps taken off the field, it will improve. It’s not too late. If we did it then, then we can do it now.”Sports Related Videospowered by AdSparcRead Next SEA Games: Biñan football stadium stands out in preparedness, completion Is Luis Manzano planning to propose to Jessy Mendiola? More events, more golden chances for Team PH The holiday season was far from festive for the Younghusband brothers, who tried to stay focused on the Philippine Azkals’ maiden Asian Football Confederation (AFC) Asian Cup appearance here amid the uncertainty surrounding their careers.Following the decision made by the Davao Aguilas not to field a professional team this year, the brothers were left without a club heading into the coming season—the first time in almost a decade that they are without a job.FEATURED STORIESSPORTSPrivate companies step in to help SEA Games hostingSPORTSUrgent reply from Philippine ‍football chiefSPORTSWin or don’t eat: the Philippines’ poverty-driven, world-beating pool stars“It’s been very difficult,” admitted Phil, the country’s top international scorer with 52 goals in 106 appearances.“It’s been very challenging especially at a festive time of the year where we wanted to be with our families.”last_img read more

Thunder clinch West 6th seed after beating league-no. 1 Bucks

first_img“Good teams always respond,” Schroder said. “We do whatever it takes to go out there and compete and play with each other. We live with the result.“Now the playoffs come. Now everybody is excited.”Westbrook had 15 points, 17 assists and 11 rebounds. He moved into a tie with Magic Johnson for second place on the career triple-double list with 138, behind only Oscar Robertson (181).“It’s a blessing,” Westbrook said.Schroder was 8-of-15 shooting beyond the arc and had a game-leading 32 points. Grant hit four 3s and added a career-high 28 points.ADVERTISEMENT Don’t miss out on the latest news and information. Panelo: Duterte ‘angry’ with SEA Games hosting hassles The Bucks (60-22) rested star Giannis Antetokounmpo and some other key players. They found out moments after the game that they would face eighth-seeded Detroit in the first round of the playoffs.The Pistons secured a playoff berth with a win over the New York Knicks on Wednesday.Khris Middleton was the only usual Bucks starter in the starting five, and he scored 21 points in 17 minutes.Point guard Tim Frazier scored a career-high 29 points and added 13 assists for Milwaukee and D.J. Wilson had a career-high 18 points while grabbing 17 rebounds. Rookie Bonzie Colson started and scored 21 points.Middleton said the Bucks are more confident entering the playoffs than they have been in the past. The franchise has not won a playoff series since the 2000-01 season and has not had homecourt advantage in the first round in the last eight first-round series.“First place in the league, 60 wins, and we have homecourt,” Middleton said. “Forget about the things in the past in some ways. Just keep moving forward.”The Bucks finished tied for the third-best record in franchise history and their best since the 1980-81 season.“We’re just trying to soak it all in right now,” said Bucks guard Eric Bledsoe, who was held out Wednesday. “We went through a lot of adversity to get to this point. I’m really proud of this group.”TIP-INSThunder: George did not play after aggravating a right shoulder injury in the Thunder’s 112-111 victory over Houston on Tuesday night. George hit the game-winning 3-pointer vs. the Rockets with 1.8 seconds left. View comments Everybody got what they wanted Wednesday night.Russell Westbrook posted his 34th triple-double of the season and the Thunder beat the Bucks’ backups 127-116 to lock up the sixth seed in the Western Conference playoffs.FEATURED STORIESSPORTSPrivate companies step in to help SEA Games hostingSPORTSPalace wants Cayetano’s PHISGOC Foundation probed over corruption chargesSPORTSSingapore latest to raise issue on SEA Games food, logisticsOklahoma City (49-33) played without injured Paul George, but Westbrook, Jerami Grant and Dennis Schroder led a hot-shooting effort. Oklahoma City made a franchise-record 23 3-pointers and handed out a franchise-best 40 assists, converting 48 of 99 shots to win their fifth in a row.The Thunder will face third-seeded Portland in the first round. Duterte wants probe of SEA Games mess LATEST STORIES Hontiveros presses for security audit of national power grid PH underwater hockey team aims to make waves in SEA Games PLAY LIST 02:42PH underwater hockey team aims to make waves in SEA Games01:44Philippines marks anniversary of massacre with calls for justice01:19Fire erupts in Barangay Tatalon in Quezon City01:07Trump talks impeachment while meeting NCAA athletes02:49World-class track facilities installed at NCC for SEA Games02:11Trump awards medals to Jon Voight, Alison Krauss DA eyes importing ‘galunggong’ anew Cayetano: Senate, Drilon to be blamed for SEA Games mess Bucks: Antetokounmpo and Brook Lopez sat out the season finale for load management, and point guard Eric Bledsoe did not play. It was the first game Lopez missed after starting all 81 games and it was the 10th game Antetokounmpo missed. … F Nikola Mirotic could be ready for the start of the playoffs this weekend. Mirotic suffered a fractured left thumb against the Los Angeles Lakers on March 19 and did not play in the final 11 regular-season games. … G Tony Snell (left ankle sprain) is unlikely to return at the start of the playoffs. Sterling Brown will keep his spot in the starting lineup.Sports Related Videospowered by AdSparcRead Next Philippine Arena Interchange inaugurated SEA Games hosting troubles anger Duterte Oklahoma City Thunder’s Russell Westbrook drives to the basket against Milwaukee Bucks’ Sterling Brown during the first half of an NBA basketball game Wednesday, April 10, 2019, in Milwaukee. (AP Photo/Aaron Gash)MILWAUKEE — Oklahoma City wanted a win to avoid slipping into a first-round playoff matchup against the defending NBA champion Golden State Warriors.The Milwaukee Bucks, with the NBA’s best record already clinched, just needed to stay healthy.ADVERTISEMENT Private companies step in to help SEA Games hosting Spurs edge Mavericks in Dirk Nowitzki’s last NBA game MOST READlast_img read more

Parvo Virus Suspected on Grand Turk

first_img Related Items:#parvovirussuspectedinGT, #vaccinateyourpets Facebook Twitter Google+LinkedInPinterestWhatsAppTurks and Caicos, April 18, 2017 – Grand Turk – The Ministry of Health, Agriculture and Human Services (MOHAHS), Agriculture and Animal Health Services Division wishes to advise Grand Turk animal owners, that there appears to be an outbreak of Parvo virus on the Island of Grand Turk. This disease can be fatal to dogs especially puppies.Canine parvovirus is a highly contagious disease that can produce a life-threatening illness.  The virus attacks rapidly dividing cells in a dog’s body, especially in the intestinal tract.  It also attacks the white blood cells.  When young animals are infected, the virus can damage the heart muscle leading to lifelong cardiac problem.   Symptoms of the virus are loss of appetite, lethargy, vomiting and foul smelling often bloody diarrhea which can quickly lead to life threatening dehydration.This extremely contagious disease can be transmitted by any person, animal or object that comes in contact with an infected dog’s feces.   The virus is very resistant, and survives in the environment for months.   It is common for unvaccinated dogs to become infected when exposed to the virus.Parvovirus is most harmful to puppies up to one year old and it is strongly recommended that they be vaccinated before exposing them to outside areas.   Older unvaccinated dogs are not severely affected by the virus but can still contract and shed it, thereby spreading it to different locations. The virus can exist in soil which has been the site of feces from infected dogs.It can be carried by shoes and walked into your yard where it can live in the soil for a very long time. Prevention methods include the disinfecting of your harder surfaces with the use of a strong solution of bleach.We are therefore recommending that pet owners have their animals:-Vaccinated as a preventative measure.Not move animals from suspected infected areas to other areas.Contact a veterinarian If symptoms are noticed, if  unsure or notice diarrheaDo not transport/ship dogs from Grand Turk to other islands without approval from the Department of Agriculture.Exercise caution when handling sick animals.The Department of Agriculture wishes to further advise the Grand Turk community that the veterinary team from Bark and Bliss Animal Wellness Centre on Providenciales will be in Grand Turk every Thursday to conduct test, vaccinations and treatments as necessary. These services will be provided at a cost.The veterinary team can be contacted at 649-232-2275 or the Department of Agriculture at 649-338-3881 or 338-3882.Press Release: TCIG#parvovirusinsuspectedinGT#vaccinateyourpets Facebook Twitter Google+LinkedInPinterestWhatsApplast_img read more

WATCH Kids React to Old Computers With Wonder and Confusion

first_img This hands-on workshop will give you the tools to authentically connect with an increasingly skeptical online audience. 2 min read Enroll Now for Free May 27, 2014center_img Free Workshop | August 28: Get Better Engagement and Build Trust With Customers Now Kids are easily the most tech savvy among us — “digital natives” in the truest sense of the admittedly tired phrase — which is why seeing them confronted with old tech is bound to produce some entertaining results.YouTubers Benny and Rafi Fine, known as The Fine Brothers, showed the cast of their “Kids React” series a 70s-era Apple computer to varying responses – many were confused, particularly about the size and the lack of a mouse, but others were delighted. “It looks cool, I like pressing buttons,” said Krischelle, 9.The computer required several steps to turn on (as well as hitting the reset button to have it be of any use) and the lack of features turned out to be a bit rage-inducing. “Apps, games, websites. Everything.  But this thing right here, has nothing!” said Brooke-Monae, 8.Related: Kids See a Walkman for Maybe the First Time EverUpon the reveal that it wasn’t equipped for the internet — a request for Google returned an answer of “syntax error,” for Kacey, 9 — Dylan, 12, astutely pointed out, “Pretty sure Timothy Berners-Lee didn’t create it yet.” Jayka, 11, asked “How do you look up homework?” When offered the library as a solution, she exclaimed “who wants to do that?”But a computer game, that great equalizer, came to the rescue — but in the form of a floppy disk. The graphics weren’t too advanced, but Sydney, 6, thought it was an improvement on some of the games in the current Apple app store. “At least it’s better Flappy Bird!”Check out the entire video below.last_img read more

Egypt upset at latest US travel warning

first_img Source: The Associated Press << Previous PostNext Post >> Share Tags: Egypt, Travel Alert CAIRO — Egypt has expressed “discontent’” over the latest U.S. travel warning to the Mideast country, saying the notice makes a false distinction between terrorist groups and violent political organizations.Foreign Ministry spokesman, Ahmed Abu Zeid, said on Thursday that the wording of the travel advisory was dissatisfactory.He says it is “unacceptable” to distinguish between violent political and militants since any group that uses violence is a terrorist one _ a reference to the now outlawed Muslim Brotherhood group.The U.S. advisory on Wednesday urges Americans to consider the risks of travel to Egypt.It came just days after a series of militant attacks, including a blitz in Sinai that killed 23 Egyptian soldiers and a stabbing attack on foreign tourists that killed two German women at a Red Sea resort. Friday, July 21, 2017 Egypt upset at latest U.S. travel warninglast_img read more