Insights from the non-member and driving credit union engagement

first_img 15SHARESShareShareSharePrintMailGooglePinterestDiggRedditStumbleuponDeliciousBufferTumblr At the annual Discovery conference in August, CUNA Mutual Group Chief Economist Steve Rick predicted ongoing economic growth into 2018. Even with new car sales slowing from an 18 million-per-year peak and increasing interest rates, credit unions will continue to benefit from the second largest economic expansion in U.S. history. But, it won’t last forever. Rick stated that credit union membership growth will slow to 3 – 3.5 percent through 2018, due to slower job growth and slower lending trends.This potential decline points to increasing focus on expanding membership. Recent research from TruStage® CUNA Mutual Group’s consumer insurance brand, examines an often-untapped opportunity for credit unions to grow. “What Matters Now®: Insights from the Non-Member,” is a deep-dive into non-member and under-engaged member mindsets, lifestyles, attitudes, and habits. These crucial insights can be invaluable tools for your credit union to reach this audience. Watch the recent webinar for a breakdown of the research here. Who are non-members?Only 22 percent of hardworking families surveyed were fully engaged credit union members, meaning they consider their credit union their primary banking institution.* The other 78 percent of hardworking Americans fall into three areas of opportunity for membership growth: partially engaged members, disengaged members, and true non-members.* continue reading »last_img read more

Blizzard Warning in effect for most of our listening area

first_imgDES MOINES — More wicked weather is snarling traffic and freezing fingers across much of Iowa.The entire state is under a Winter Weather Advisory, an Ice Storm Warning is in effect for southeast Iowa, while a Blizzard Warning is posted for northwest and north-central Iowa. Meteorologist Mindy Beerends, at the National Weather Service in Johnston, says only a few inches of snow are predicted but the winds will be whipping up whatever falls, potentially causing white-out conditions.“Winds will be strong enough that we are expected to see blizzard conditions, starting late morning in northwestern Iowa and into the afternoon in north-central Iowa,” Beerends says. “That looks to continue through the evening hours with winds gusting 40 to 45-miles an hour at times.”Another round of frigid, arctic air will arrive in Iowa shortly.”Tonight, we could see wind chills dipping to between 30-below and 40-below in parts of far northern Iowa and then between 20-below and 30-below for portions of central and southern Iowa,” Beerends says. “Those bitter cold wind chills will continue tonight into tomorrow morning and the temperatures will drop again Friday night, looking at lows around ten-below to teens-below in far northern Iowa.”The long-range forecast calls for more chances for snowfall on Sunday and again on Monday night and into Tuesday.last_img read more